Guidance Through The Workers' Compensation Process
Injuries in the workplace often lead to workers' compensation benefits for employees. These benefits may include coverage for your medical expenses, reimbursement for lost wages and more. However, the process to file this type of claim can be time-consuming and confusing. Additionally, there are often rigid timelines involved in the process. Do not miss out on potential benefits. Call a professional attorney with personal injury law experience to offer advice and help prepare your case.
At the Doane Law Office, LLC, we achieve results for our clients in Clark County, throughout southern Indiana and in communities surrounding Louisville, Kentucky. Our lawyer provides the detailed advice and professional consultation services clients need to protect their right to a full recovery. Contact our Jeffersonville firm today and allow us to answer all of your questions and concerns through our no-fee, no-obligation consultation.
Beginning The Claims Process
After a workplace injury, you must be sure to address the following items:
- Immediately seek medical attention if your injuries are severe or life-threatening.
- Notify your supervisor about your injuries as soon as possible.
- Obtain a comprehensive medical evaluation from a physician.
- Write down the circumstances surrounding your injury, including the date, time and location.
- Document instances where your workplace was not safe or secure enough for you to perform your duties.
Do Not Jeopardize Your Benefits
The following items could force a denial of your claim:
- Failure to report your workplace injuries promptly
- Not attending required medical evaluations and treatment services or refusing to submit to a medical exam
- Refusing to return to work to perform light or alternative duties
- Providing misleading information to an investigator or medical professional
- Refusing to undergo a drug screening test
- Engaging in high risk, illegal or delinquent behavior while at work
- Using alcohol or abusing illicit or prescription drugs at your place of employment
Focus On Your Recovery And Leave The Legal Process To Us
Do not devote your crucial recovery time struggling with employers and insurance companies. Our firm will work relentlessly for you and keep you informed during each phase of the process. We can evaluate the circumstances of your case and offer advice on how the law applies. Our team will strive to get you the optimal settlement you deserve. Reach out today and call 812-590-2213 or 502-595-7045. You may also contact us via email.