Faulty Design And Construction
The design and construction of buildings, walkways and parking lots is a science that requires some commonsense safety principles. Many designers will add aesthetic features to improve the ambiance of an establishment or commercial property. A business owner may try to make improvements to a property to address a concern without thinking about how the property will actually be used. Oversights in the construction of stairwells, including lighting and handrail concerns, can create significant hazards for users of the property.
We Investigate The Full Range Of Factors That Caused Your Injury
A hazard on property related to design or construction can be as dangerous as a crack in the sidewalk for an unwary jogger. Some examples of a hazardous condition that can cause accidents include:
- Poor lighting in or near a stairwell; lighting can warn people of the existence of a passageway
- Handrails installed without thought of proper placement and use
- Improperly designed or secured decks that can collapse with use
- A marble floor without floor mats in the entryway of a building that can become slippery in inclement weather
- Decorative objects near an entrance that can harm a pedestrian
- Poorly designed stairs that are hazardous for guests
- Unshoveled/unsalted patches of snow and ice that could lead to slips and falls
Insider Experience Working For Insurance Companies
It is not enough that your lawyer handles personal injury cases. The attorney you choose to help you fight for justice after an injury accident needs to have the skills to fully evaluate the specific facts of your accident and the know-how to build a compelling case. Attorney Ken Doane is a former insurance defense lawyer who draws on his substantial experience to fight for the rights of accident victims.
We seek to maximize compensation for our clients to cover the costs of medical expenses, rehabilitation, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages that may be available under the unique circumstances of the accident.
New Albany Injury Attorney - Arrange A Free Consultation
To learn more about how our comprehensive premises liability representation can help you to obtain justice, call 812-590-2213 in Jeffersonville or 502-595-7045 in Louisville or send us an email. There is no fee unless we recover compensation on your behalf. We represent clients in the southern Indiana communities of Floyd County, Clark County, Harrison County, Scott County, Washington County, Jefferson County and Crawford County, as well as Louisville, Kentucky.